Title: Blood & Oil
Premiere Date: Sunday, September 27
Cast: Don Johnson, Chace Crawford, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Scott Michael Foster, Amber Valletta
Wait who?: Sonny from Miami Vice, Nate Archibald, that girl from Redband Society, Cappie, Kevin James’ love interest in Hitch
Did anybody watch it?: 6.4 million tuned in (solid, but for a premiere on a major network, it’s a bit weak).
The Lowdown: Dallas, set in North Dakota. No, really, Blood & Oil is just a stones throw away from the Ewing soap opera. Let me explain…
Blood & Oil
Patriarch at the helm: JR Ewing (older wiser and willing to burn every bridge in Dallas for personal gain and power)
Competition: Cliff Barnes & Co.
Patriarch at the helm: Hap Briggs (older wiser and willing to burn every bridge in Rock Springs for personal gain and power)
Competition: Young Blood
Here for ____, Stay for ____: Patrick Duffy, the family drama
Sex, Lies, Cliffhangers?: 357 episodes (plus a reboot) of it
Sex, Lies & Cliffhangers?: there’s only been one episode and the answer is already Yes. Yes. Yes.
Some extra thoughts:
- C’mon ladies, show of hands, who swoons like a tween at 1D concert when Chace Crawford smiles? Ah yes, just as I expected, all the hands raised
- So do we call her Cody or CJ?
- Bold move using up two classic plot devices in the first episode: a car crash AND an unexpected pregnancy? You might regret that come season 4 and you’re out of ideas…
- Amber Valetta’s Darla Briggs didn’t say much but it’s clear she’s a major player in Rock Springs not just a trophy wife…Rich socialite white ladies should not be f’ed with…
- Also, calling it: she’s having an affair
- Blind bet: Darla and Wick will have sex by the season’s end. I know its his Step-Mother but come on, all that hostility is just pent up sexual tension. We’ll see…. (I’m totally right)
- It’s so nice seeing Scott Michael Foster on my screen again…healthy…and ALIVE (I’m still livid and depressed about this, Chasing Life)
- What’s with Wick just thoughtlessly putting a gun up to someone’s face, this isn’t just him being a privileged white boy, he’s a bit psychotic, right?
- I totally called that pregnancy reveal the second Cody started acting weird, just sayin…
- You really expect me to believe two young, attractive newlyweds were moving to North Dakota, to open a laundromat?? Pshhh O.K. Sure